This past weekend we got some great equipment donations in:
- A functioning laptop with XP installed from Sheetal at Social Dynamx, which now has BASCOM and Processing installed (thanks to Jerry and Robert).
- A functioning oscilloscope from Phu at Social Dynamx.
- A bunch of microprocessors (including the much coveted Beagle Board), various cable converters, a portable DVD player, a mutimeter, a circuit tester, and other miscellaneous items from Phu at Social Dynamx.
- A pile of 10 or so broken weed whips from the DeWalt service center (great source of 120v motors, gears, and switches – these could be excellent parts for some really interesting robots)
- Some broken and some working consumer electronics (printer, cd/radio, etc) from Jules
- An old electric kid sized toy car, from which the Solar Car team scavenged a good strong motor…
We’re still on the lookout for a more powerful source of solar power for the Solar Car.